A quick weekday dinner if you enjoy chicken and chantarelles (and it is also all about the sauce and seasoning too of course : ). I invited my Mom over for this super quick dish the other day and she volunteered as a hand model here ; ). We enjoyed this dish with oven roasted parsnip.
Chantarelle and chicken pan in a pink pepper wine sauce topped with redcurrants and fresh herbs
- 300 gram of chanterelles (but go ahead and use more if you have plenty of chanterelles)
- 2 tbs avocado oil (or olive oil)
- sea salt and white pepper
- 1 kg chicken fillet – each sliced in four – five longer pieces
- fry in avocado oil/olive oil
- season with sea salt and fresh ground white pepper
- 1 finely chopped clove of garlic
- 1-2 teaspoons whole pink pepper
- 1 teaspoon Dijon
- 1,5 tbs tamari
- 3 tbs rosé wine (or use white wine/sherry/cognac)
- 1 cup rich coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- one small handful of fresh chopped chives
- chopped spring onion (use as much as you like)
- fresh thyme
- ½ cup of fresh red currants
Heat your oven to 200 degrees C.
Use an oven proofed frying pan and first fry the chanterelles in avocado oil – season with salt and white pepper. Place your chanterelles at side on a plate. Add more avocado oil to the pan (make sure not to hand wash your pan since there are nice flavors from the fried chantarelles you want to keep for the chicken) and fry the chicken very quickly just for them to get a bit of color. Turn of the heat. Add all remaining ingredients and place the pan in the oven. Bake for approx. 20 min or until the dish reach a bit of a golden color. Note, do not overcook the chicken so it turns out really dry. Once the chicken comes out from the oven add chives, spring onion, thyme and red currants. It´s nice to serve this dish with oven roasted parsnip.