A perfect cake a summer day in the currants arbor (I wish I had a lovely currants arbor ha ha). This is a quick baked kind of sponge cake – soft but with a more compact consistency than a sponge cake with lovely flavor from dried goji berries (which will be soft naturally after being baked) and raspberries. The shredded coconut gives this cake a nice consistency. I do not crave a lot of sweetness but that is all to your own preferences and I gave two options in the recipe for a sweeter version too.
I used a small baking form sized 15×25 cm, so go ahead an double the recipe if you want to make a larger cake.
Makes roughly 10 small squares
- 4 large organic eggs
- 1 cup (organic) shredded coconut
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- 2 tbs natural sweetening of your own preference (for instance; honey, agave, coconut suger, sukrin, stevia etc.). If you want a sweeter cake then use 4 tbs of natural sweetening.
- 1/4 cup rich coconut milk
- 2 tbs coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon natural bourbon vanilla powder
- 1 handful dried goji berries
- 2 handfuls frozen raspberries
- Almond flakes for topping
Mix the egg, natural sweetening, coconut milk plus oil and shredded coconut. Mix all dry ingredients separately and add this to the egg mix. Blend nicely together and finally add the frozen raspberries and goji berries.
Place a baking sheet in your form and nicely spread out the cake batter. Top with almond flakes for a nice crunch. Bake for 30 min on 175 degrees C/ 347 degrees F.
You can enjoy this together with some coconut cream with vanilla and some natural sweetening or just as it is. I enjoy mine best when it has cooled down a bit and I don´t mind eating them cold either ; )