Now it´s the perfect time for red currants and our garden gave us a fair share just enough to make a couple of berry pies and smoothies. This is a smoothie I return to. It is so fresh, fruity and mild. Lemon balm in combination with the rest of the ingredients lift this smoothie to another taste level ; )
- 1 handful of red currants
- 1 handful of lemon balm leaves
- one banana (preferably quite ripe)
- 2 oranges – squeeze out the juice so it makes 1 cup. You can also add the fruit in pieces directly in your mixer/blender.
- 1 handfull frozen raspberries
- 3-4 ice cubes (optional) – if you have a blender that can handle ice
Simply mix and enjoy a simple and tasty smoothie.