A quick recipe which serves one person since this soup came about when I was cooking something easy for myself. Just go ahead and double the recipe if you want to serve it for 2-3 persons. I enjoyed this soup with some grain free bread with mashed avocado on top.
This soup will take approx. 20 min to make. It´s a mild and nice soup with a little bit of heat from ginger.
Serves 1 or two small portions (as a starter)
- olive oil
- 1 large bulb fennel sliced and chopped in pieces (root and stalk removed but save the fronds for topping or to use later in a salad etc.)
- 1 big apple also cut in pieces
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup creamy coconut milk
- ½ teaspoon of ground lemon grass
- ½ teaspoon of fresh or ground ginger
- 3/4 tbs of ground turmeric
- 1-2 tbs of organic concentrated chanterelle stock or use any (homemade) concentrated organic stock or vegetable bullion
- 1 tbs of sherry
- 1 tbs of finely chopped dill
- ½ cup of walnuts
- flake salt (add and taste after mixing your soup)
walnuts and lemon balm and a bit of coconut cream
Quickly sauté your fennel and apple in olive oil in a small pot. Add remaining ingredients. Let it all cook slowly, with a cover, on medium heat for about 15 min. Mix well until you have a nice soup consistency. Top with walnuts, lemon balm and some coconut cream.