A small little appetizer while your guests are waiting for dinner to get ready. Or just make one serving and enjoy it all to yourself. I will definitely do that next time I am home alone ; )
I served these with some sparkling rose wine and they made great little munch bites for four people. I should add that I used really tiny endive lettuce – just perfect to fit between two fingers and enjoy in two bites. The lovely home made mayo with honey and orange fitted great with the smoked salmon, arugula, lamb´s lettuce, apple, pomegranate seeds and chopped almonds. Just use any mayo recipe for this. I used one egg yolk, salt, pepper, apple vinegar and just drizzled olive oil while stirring. When the consistency was perfect to my liking I added the juice, honey and Dijon.
- approx 150 gram of endive (I used really small leaves of endive – made 15 pieces)
- 120 gram of smoked salmon – finely cut in smaller pieces
- 1/2 of a larger apple in smaller pieces
- a handful of arugula – finely cut
- a handful lamb´s lettuce – finely cut
- a handful of chopped almonds
- home made mayo to which I added fresh squeezed orange juice, Dijon and some honey – taste as you go along
- a handful of pomegranate seeds
Fill up your endive salad and top with mayo and pomegranate. Enjoy!