Sweet potato can be enjoyed in (almost) everything. Well, if you are crazy about sweet potato as I am ; ) This gratin with a crumble is a great breakfast or weekend brunch. It´s a great dish to prepare ahead of time. Eat once cooled since then you have the best consistency. The sweet potato will otherwise be very mushy straight from the oven, but don´t be alarmed ; ) this will be okay after it sets after cooling a bit. I often make this dish and place portions in the freezer. Perfect when I am starving and need a quick bite to eat.
- One large sweet potato peeled and chopped in pieces
- 1 large peeled carrot chopped in larger pieces
- 2 apples cut in a few pieces
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup filled with 50/50 pecan and cashew nuts
- 3 egg
- 3 tbs coconut flour
- 3 tbs coconut oil
- 1/ cup desiccated coconut
- ½ cup almond milk or coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 tbs sukrin Gold (or use honey or other natural sweetener)
In a mixer I use the knife for grating – add the sweet potato, carrot and apple. Place aside 1 cup of this filling for later. Place your grated carrot, sweet potato and apples in a coconut oil smeared baking form. Top with the blueberries.
Use a mixing knife in your blender and add the remaining 1 cup of grated sweet potato, carrot and apple. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well. Pour this over the grated sweet potato/carrot/apples/blueberries. Bake for 50-60 min on 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F. After 30 min cover the baking form with tinfoil. Note! Let the gratin cool before enjoying it. Serve with coconut cream with some cinnamon and honey. Enjoy! : )