Before digging into a big breakfast try to wake up your body with this refreshing morning shot. ; )
I am trying to incorporate more fresh ginger in my smoothies and breakfast dishes. It´s really a wonder spice which is digestion-friendly in addition to its numerous other health benefits. I just add a little bit cause I don´t want to get the really strong spicy taste. But if you are a big ginger fan you should naturally add more.
SMOOTHIE SHOT WITH MANGO, AVOCADO AND GINGER
Serves 2 or 4 shots
- 1 cup of chopped fresh or defrosted mango
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup (unsweetened) almond milk
- 1 teaspoon of fresh grated ginger
- 1 tbs of lime juice
- 1 dried fig first soaked in some warm water for a little while (optional) or add a little bit of honey
- Topping: basil, mango, dried fig and pecan nuts
Blend/mix all ingredients well. Serve in a glass and top with more mango chunks, chopped dried figs, pecan nuts and basil leaves.